Thursdays, January 16 - February 6, 2014, 7:30-9:00pm
Jan 16 ~ Jan 23 ~ Jan 30 ~ Feb 6, 2014
Location: Dallas Meditation Center
727 S. Floyd Rd, Richardson, TX 75080 (near 75 Central & Spring Valley)
About this class:
A five-session intermediate / advanced course on Native American flute
designed to expand your skills on this beautiful instrument in new
Along with technique and breath, we'll explore these topics in detail:
♦ Expressive interpretation
♦ Alternate scales
♦ Composition / improvisation techniques
♦ Tonal development and musicianship
* A pentatonic Native American flute is required for this class. If
you need one, a high quality flute will be provided upon requset for
an additional $50.
► Click here to get a flyer for this class
Instuctor: Cornell Kinderknecht
is an award-nominated World Flutes performing and
recording artist as well as
a teacher. In addition to his own solo albums, his work can be
heard on numerous other artists' recordings across many genres.
He has a private studio
of flute students in Dallas and is in demand as a performer and presenter
at music workshops and festivals around the US. With his expertise, he provides
practical interactive instruction while his light-hearted approach puts
students at ease. Cornell has twice been a Texas Music Awards nominee
and he currently serves on the Board of Directors of
Requirements / Pre-requisites:
Requirements for this course:
- Students should have either one of these pre-requisites:
- Attended previous levels (1 & 2) in this series of classes
- Intermediate through advanced experince with the Native flute
- A pentatonic Native American flute is required for this class. If
you need one, a high-quality flute will be provided upon request ($50
material cost). The key of A-minor is prefered for exercises that we
play together as a class.
- Experience with NAF tablature is helpful.
- Curiosity, willingness to experiment, and a the
desire to have fun while learning music.
CDS / MUSIC